Last Update: December 15, 2021
The information stated here is a compilation of protocols and recommendations from the University and the School. For the most up to date details on the University’s response to COVID-19, see Penn’s COVID-19 Response website.
Have any questions? Contact the COVID Resource Call Center
RECENT UPDATES & RESOURCES
- As of December 9, 2021, the University cancelled all indoor social gatherings for the remainder of the Fall semester.
- If you receive a Red Pass for testing non-compliance, see this FAQ.
- If you need to miss class due to a Red Pass or other reason, follow these guidelines.
- Find a Designated Eating Zone in Wharton buildings. Eating outside of these zones is prohibited
- Get fully vaccinated
- Upload proof of vaccination to the Student Health Portal – Existing students | New students
- Schedule a test via the Penn system (Gateway Test) within 24 hours of arriving to campus. You may not attend in-person classes until you test negative – Schedule your test
- Complete a daily symptom check via PennOpen Pass. Be prepared to show your green pass when requested
- Participate in Penn Cares screening testing
- Fully vaccinated – alternating weeks starting September 20
- Until fully vaccinated or have an approved medical or religious exemption – twice weekly starting August 9
- Wear a mask while indoors in public or shared spaces (this includes GSRs)
- Confidentially report non-compliance with the mask requirement by Penn community members
- No eating in Wharton buildings except in designated eating zones; drink only via a straw under your mask
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell
- For Guests (including partners) – Guest must adhere to all University and School health guidelines. Individuals must complete PennOpen Campus and show a Green Pass upon request on campus and at University and School-sponsored events.
- Wear your mask outdoors (as well as indoors)
- Get tested at the PennCares site as needed
- Practice social distancing
- Eat outside and maintain social distancing when eating
- Avoid gathering or hosting large indoor events
- Hold events outside whenever possible
- Consider using Penn OpenPass for event attendees
- Wear masks to elevate your safety both indoors and outdoors when groups are large and/or food and drink are involved
- Serve food responsibly – i.e., grab and go, individual plating/portioning/boxed meals, no self-serve buffets
- Ensure easy access to hand hygiene facilities and supplies
- Have all event staff follow all University COVID-19 protocols