Selection for the exchange program is highly competitive. The following criteria are used, in order of importance:
- Quality of application essay
- Academic performance (good academic standing, no failed coursework and no ethics violations)
- Applicant’s ability to represent Wharton well
- Graduating class: 2nd year students have preference over 1st year students
- Interested students must submit an application to the MBA PO through the website. This is not a formal commitment to going on the exchange, merely a request for consideration;
- Applications that are incomplete or are submitted after the posted deadlines will not be considered. Email submissions are not permitted;
- Once the application has been processed, students will be informed of their exchange program status. Students accepted into the program will then have the chance to accept or decline this offer.
The following schedule will help you plan the application process:
- October 14th, 2018: Application deadline for Spring and Summer 2019, Round 1
- Note to Second Year Students: Second year students on summer exchange may need to make plans to return to Philadelphia to attend Wharton’s graduation ceremony in May. Delaying arrival until after graduation may violate the host school’s registration policies. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that all Wharton graduation requirements are met prior to summer exchange. Additionally, please note that students going on exchange in the summer following their second year will officially graduate in August.